One of my favorite quotes is by Eleanor Brown:
"Clutter is not just physical stuff.
It's old ideas, toxic relationships, and bad habits.
Clutter is anything that does not support your better self."
Her words are so important because they remind us that decluttering is truly an act of self-care. If you want to be the best YOU possible you need to clear out everything that doesn't represent the best version of who you want to be.
To highlight this point, I've rounded up 10 articles that show the vital connection between decluttering and self-care. Read one or read them all; I guarantee you'll jump on the bandwagon!
- Self-Care Sunday: Decluttering to Create Meaningful Spaces
- Clear Your Clutter With Good Self Care
- Self-care includes saying "no" to clutter
- Is Clutter Getting in the Way of Self-Care?
- Clearing Clutter: The Ultimate Act of Self-Care
- Why A Clutter Free Home Makes For Self Care
- What Is Organizing Really About?
- 7 Self-Care Tips You Can't Ignore In 2017
- What Decluttering Has To Do With Self-Care
- The Ultimate Act of Self-Care: Clearing Clutter
What would your decluttering self-care act look like?
Be sure to follow me on Facebook as every Saturday I have "Self-Care Saturday" tips to keep you motivated and focused on YOU!